Effective Date: December 22, 2022
Last Updated on: December 22, 2022
Information We Collect
We and our Sites collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data; and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, within the last twelve (12) months we have collected or may in the future collect the following categories of personal information from consumers:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES||We keep this information only for so long as we need it to perform a contract or transaction with you or maintain a customer relationship with you, comply with any legal obligations, and/or to bring or defend any legal claims.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES||We keep this information only for so long as we need it to perform a contract or transaction with you or maintain a customer relationship with you, comply with any legal obligations, and/or to bring or defend any legal claims|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES||We keep this information only for so long as we need it to perform a contract or transaction with you or maintain a customer relationship with you, comply with any legal obligations, and/or to bring or defend any legal claims|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES||We keep this information only for so long as we need it to perform a contract or transaction with you or maintain a customer relationship with you, comply with any legal obligations, and/or to bring or defend any legal claims|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO||N/A|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO||N/A|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information.||"Sensitive personal information" means: (1) personal information that reveals (A) a consumer’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (B) a consumer’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (C) a consumer’s precise geolocation; (D) a consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (E) the contents of a consumer’s mail, email and text messages, unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication; (F) a consumer’s genetic data; and (2) (A) the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer; (B) personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health; or (C) personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation.||YES|
We and our Site obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, or when you register on our Site or provide information to us; and
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing or tracking your actions on our Site or on third party sites, such as our social media sites.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, share, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To present our Site and its contents to you and otherwise to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including to process your requests, purchase, transactions, and payments, and to prevent transactional fraud;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices and otherwise to create, maintain, support, and secure your account;
- To otherwise contact you when necessary or appropriate;
- Where appropriate, for market research and to review and improve our merchandise selections, customer service, online and offline operations, and overall shopping experience;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to fulfill your requests for products and services, to keep you informed about your orders, and for billing and collection;
- To provide you with targeted offers and advertising on and at the Sites;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any events, products, or services we offer or provide though it, as well as events, products, or services of select partners;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Sites and our business;
- To share your Personal Information with third parties for our marketing, commercial, and advertising purposes, subject to any opt-out rights you may have;
- For purposes of analytics, including for testing, research, product development, performance analysis, and to identify and troubleshoot defects;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or CPRA; and
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months and/or in the future, Company has disclosed or may disclose personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|A: Identifiers.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||Yes, we use Google Analytics and cookies that may transfer this information.|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||None|
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||None||None|
|D: Commercial information.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||Yes, we use Google Analytics and similar services available through TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and others, which may track this information.|
|E: Biometric information.||None||None|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||Yes, we use Google Analytics and similar services available through TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and others, which may track this information.|
|G: Geolocation data.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||Yes, we use ipapi, which transfers this information.|
|H: Sensory data.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||None|
|J: Non-public education information.||None||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Service providers, consultants, and business partners||Yes, we use Google Analytics and similar services available through TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and others, which may track this information.|
Reselling Personal Information
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA and/or CPRA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know, Delete, or Correct), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and
- If personal information was shared for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the "right to delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know, Delete, or Correct) we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Correct
You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate.
Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods or services as well as other specified legitimate business purposes. "Sensitive personal information" is defined above. Any of the above information that is already publicly available is not considered to be sensitive personal information. Please see below for more details regarding our use of your sensitive personal information.
Exercising Your Rights to Know, Delete or Correct
To exercise your rights to know, correct, or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at 888.44.JUICE (888.445.8423).
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know, correct, or delete on behalf of your child by using the methods mentioned above.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know, correct, or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- For customers who have an account with us, account information and related password access; and/or
- Your passport/driver’s license.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we may consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale, sharing and sensitive personal information use opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales or Sharing Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights and Limitation of Use of Sensitive Personal Information Rights .
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact email@example.com.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the email associated with that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales and Sharing Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights and Limitation of Use of Sensitive Personal Information Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell or share your personal information or limit the use of your sensitive personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell or share the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years old. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales or sharing may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: https://pressed.com/cookie-declaration
Once you make a request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales or sharing. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales or sharing or additional uses of your sensitive personal information at any time by visiting the following Internet Web page link: https://pressed.com/cookie-declaration
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
As discussed above, you also have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your "sensitive personal information" as defined by the CPRA. The types of sensitive personal information that we may use include your account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with a required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to your account and your precise geolocation. We only use such sensitive personal information to perform the services or provide the goods to customers who request such goods or services in the first place, including order fulfillment and transient display of nearby store locations. We may also use "sensitive personal information" to ensure the security and integrity of our Site and operations or other uses that are already permitted under the CPRA and are not uses that consumers may limit.
Nevertheless, if you wish to confirm the foregoing regarding the use of your sensitive personal information, you (or your authorized representative) may visit the following Internet Web page link: https://pressed.com/legal/sensitive-personal-information-statement
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA or CPRA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA or CPRA, we will not
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA and CPRA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide the following financial incentives:
|Program||Incentive Offered||Material Terms||How to Opt-In|
Categories of personal information collected:
||Register for an account online, by text message, or on the mobile app.|
|Pressed™ Membership with VIP Pricing||
Provides consumers with promotional offers with reduced pricing, complimentary in-store Wi-Fi when available,
and birthday treat (optional). Your Pressed Membership account earns points for every dollar spent
on eligible purchases. Points are accumulated to earn points that may be redeemed for juices
(https://pressed.com/legal/wellness-terms-and-conditions), as applicable.
Pressed™ Members with VIP Pricing enjoy discounted VIP Pricing from regular pricing.
Categories of personal information collected:
||Register for an account online, by text message, or on the mobile app. You must also commit to spend at least $10 a month at Pressed™, and your credit card on file will be charged $10 a month, which goes towards your account balance to purchase Pressed™ products.|
In forming the basis for offering these financial incentives, we have made the following good faith estimate of the value of consumers’ data based on expenses related to the collection, retention, and offering of our loyalty programs as permitted by §999.337(a)(5) and (a)(6) of the CCPA. The expenses related to the collection and retention of consumer personal information as well as expenses related to the total program operating expenses is calculated by measuring the direct to consumer cost of goods sold incurred by us in the time period from November 1, 2021 through October 30, 2022.
|Program||Value of the Consumer Data|
|Pressed™ Membership with VIP Pricing||$3.24|
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy from time to time and the amended policy will be posted to the applicable Sites. We reserve the right to update, change, amend or modify this policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice. When we post changes to this policy, we will revise the "Last Updated" date at the top of the policy. Your continued use of the Sites after any changes or revisions to this policy become effective shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised and then-current policy. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Site and this policy to check for any changes.
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact email@example.com.